By Ming Yang
Energy potency performs and may proceed to play a huge position on this planet to save lots of power and mitigate greenhouse gasoline (GHG) emissions. even though, little is understood on how a lot extra capital could be invested to make sure utilizing strength successfully appropriately, and extremely little is understood which sub-areas, applied sciences, and nations shall in attaining greatest greenhouse gasoline emissions mitigation consistent with buck of funding in strength potency all over the world.
Analyzing accomplished and slowly relocating strength potency initiatives through the worldwide surroundings Facility in the course of 1991-2010, Closing the space: GEF reviews in international strength potency evaluates affects of multi-billion-dollar investments on the planet strength potency. It covers the subsequent parts:
1. Reviewing the area strength potency funding and disclosing the worldwide power potency hole and marketplace limitations that reason the gap;
2. Leveraging inner most money with public cash and different assets in power potency investments; utilizing those money in tangible and intangible asset investments;
3. funding effectiveness in funds in line with metric ton of CO2 emissions mitigation in 10 power potency sub-areas;
4. significant limitations inflicting failure and abandonments in strength potency investments;
5. Quantification of direct and oblique CO2 emissions mitigations in and out a venture boundary; and
6. class and estimation of CO2emissions mitigations from tangible and intangible asset investments.
Closing the space: GEF stories in worldwide power potency can function a guide for policymakers, venture traders and executives, and venture implementation practitioners wanting benchmarks in power potency venture investments for decision-making. it might probably even be utilized by scholars, researchers and different execs in universities and learn associations in technique improvement for comparing power potency initiatives and courses.
Read Online or Download Closing the Gap: GEF Experiences in Global Energy Efficiency PDF
Similar nonfiction_8 books
This selection of essays brings jointly a few articles on dynamic optimization types that express chaotic habit. Chapters three, four, five, 6, 7, and nine seemed in a Symposium on Chaotic Dynamical platforms in fiscal concept (Volume four, quantity five, 1994). additionally, Chapters 10,11, and 12 seemed within the magazine of monetary The ory.
HERBERT FISCHER Max-Planck-Institut fur Immunbiologie, Freiburg-Zahringen With three Figures girls and gents: On behalf of the organizers of the twenty second Mosbach Colloquium, Msrs. HOLZL-WALLACH, STOFFEL, WIEGANDT and myself, I bid you all a hearty welcome. We thanks fascinated with coming and of course consider specific appreciation for the presence of the invited audio system.
The cyst nematodes are a tremendous team of plant pathogens of monetary significance in lots of international locations in the course of the global. huge yield losses were attributed to cyst nematodes attacking potatoes, sugar beet, soybean and cereals. due to the protecting cyst that's shaped, which encloses the eggs, they pose precise difficulties of their keep watch over and in addition in combating their distribution in soil from infested components.
- Tauberian Theorems for Generalized Functions
- Situational Method Engineering: Fundamentals and Experiences: Proceedings of the IFIP WG 8.1 Working Conference, 12–14 September 2007, Geneva, Switzerland
- Optimization, Simulation, and Control
- Progress in Electro-Optics: Reviews of Recent Developments
- Computation of Biomolecular Structures: Achievements, Problems, and Perspectives
- Asymptotic Statistics: Proceedings of the Fifth Prague Symposium, held from September 4–9, 1993
Extra resources for Closing the Gap: GEF Experiences in Global Energy Efficiency
2007). Mind the gap: Quantifying principal-agent problems in energy efficiency ISBN: 978-92-64-03884-4. Paris France. International Energy Agency (IEA). (2012). Energy efficiency: Policies and measures database. mode=pm. Accessed 19 April 2012. , et al. (2010). The 25 IEA energy efficiency policy recommendations to the G8 gleneagles plan of action. Energy policy, 38(11), 6409–6418. , & Geurts, F. (2007). Making energy-efficiency happen: From potential to reality. The Netherlands: WWF international.
With the updated information, Chap. 4 provides an overview of the initial project development stage in the mid1990s, the project implementation and operation stage in the late 1990s and the early 2000s, and the latest stage in 2011 after the project was closed. Chapter 5 presents the methodological framework of the analysis and its key elements. This chapter also describes data collection, processing, analysis, assumptions, and limitations. Chapter 6 presents the GEF portfolio of energy efficiency investments.
These contributions include: (1) resources from the Agency itself; (2) resources from other nonGEF sources that will be managed jointly or in parallel with the GEF resources without which the project could not be implemented; (3) government counterpart resources; (4) finance for other baseline or foundational activities upon which the project would build or without which the project could not be implemented; (5) finance for activities other than the GEF activities that are processed for transactional convenience in the same loan or technical assistance package of the GEF Agency; and (6) funds that are expected to be mobilized in the future for follow-on or replication activities, even though implementation of the project would proceed before mobilization is confirmed (GEF 2003b).